Happy Thanksgiving from Beading Daily

Nov 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving from Beading Daily!

Why am I thankful for the members of Beading Daily? Great emails and blog comments, beautiful photos of your projects, helpful tips and suggestions . . . I couldn't do Beading Daily without you! Thank you for helping to spread the beading joy!

Check out our video holiday card and see a few of the friendly faces (and excellent cooks!) behind the scenes of Beading Daily.

Thought for Today

The author of the Simple Things blog lists three small things that she enjoys each day. Here's one entry I could definitely relate to:

"Buying new beads. These are faceted glass, lovely shades of aqua and green, with silvered ends. There is such potential in a string of beads: who knows what they will be made into or who will be decorated by wearing them?"

Above: 1,000 Wishes Fairy by Cynthia Thornton. With a traditional wishbone, you only get one wish. Aren't we lucky that with beads we get more?

Just for Fun

Have you ever wondered what the world would look like if it were beaded? (Come on, admit it! You're among friends here!)

I played with Bead Art using a photo of my Dragonfly Pin. This is not one of those serious bead programs for graphing beadwork--this is just for fun. You can upload any photos you like and see what they look like beaded. The files are huge, so I've cropped them and only shown you the left-hand corner with the dragonfly's head. Warning: this is seriously addictive!

Before

After (version 1)

After (version 2)

Coming This Week: There will be no Beading Daily email Thursday or Friday because of the Thanksgiving holiday. See you Monday!

New Poll: Will you be making any beaded gifts this year?

Michelle Mach is the editor of Beading Daily. She will be beading and eating at her kitchen table this weekend--hopefully not at the same time!

Comments

Carynjoyb wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 5:37 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.

CARYN
Zaz wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 8:17 PM
hello michelle,
thank you so much for such a nice beading daily newsletter. of all the ones you sent, this is my most favorite of all. and what a bonus! the beading program can be used straight off!
Zaz, paris http://www.zazeway.blogspot.com
Pax2 wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 7:35 AM
Thanks so much for the warm greeting. I will be spending part of the day beading my holiday gifts and the rest of the day cooking and eating with my family. The perfect day!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
KatL@10 wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 7:36 AM
Happy Thanksgiving one and all. May this day be blessed. I am new to beading and would love to have some recommend a good book on beading-peyote, etc. One thing I am thankful for today is this site. Thanks again.
on Nov 22, 2007 5:01 PM
Michelle, I hope you and everyone else has had a nice Thanksgiving. I finally have to get on here to say how much I've loved your BEADINGDAILY Newsletters, since the very first one. I save every one of them, KNOWING that if I don't need the info right now, I WILL somewhere else down the line! I sometimes go back and reread all of them, just for hints and to see all of the beautiful creations.
I'm a beginner, slowly getting started but plugging along nonetheless. I have many home responsibilities including caring for my 79 yr old mom who has great difficulty getting around so most of my time is spend with her. When she's occupied with reading or a tv show I can sometimes go to the beads! They are my escape, my antidepressant, my relaxation.
I just have one question/suggestion: Is there any way you could make the "finished product" and "step-by-step" directions so we can click on them and make them larger & clearer--say half again the size? It may just be me but most of them still look fuzzy, unclear when I click on them to make them larger. And, they're so beautiful, they deserve to be clear and as beautiful on the computer as they are when you stand in front of them!
Either way, I love every part of your newsletter and thank EVERY ONE OF YOU who work so hard to make it as great as it is. I get a lot of beading newsletters and if I had to give all of them up but one, I'd keep my BEADINGDAILY!! Keep up the excellent work and thanks many times over for publishing it. Dianne
JenniferL@73 wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 9:24 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I'm Australian so I'm not quite sure about the significance of your Thanksgiving celebrations, but I would like to say 'thank you' for Beading Daily! Best wishes to you all
TinaC@28 wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 4:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Beading Daily. I'am from Canada and we have Thanksgiving in Sept,but still I hope you all have a great weekend with your family and friends! Happy Thanksgiving