The First Beading Daily Challenge
I'm SO excited to announce the first challenge for Beading Daily members! I was supposed to wait until Friday to announce it, but frankly, I thought I might explode if I waited any longer!
The theme: It Takes Two Earrings Challenge
For this challenge, combine two--and only two--different techniques from the ten techniques below to create an original pair of earrings.
- bead embroidery
- brick stitch
- Dutch spiral
- ladder stitch
- PMC (precious metal clay)
- square stitch
- You must be a Beading Daily member to participate. (Your email address will be used to verify that you are a member.) It's free to sign-up if you're not already a member.
- Only one submission per person.
- Deadline: November 2, 2007.
- Winners will be announced November 30, 2007.
To enter, please send an email to: email@example.com and include:
- a high-resolution photo (JPG, 300 dpi) of your finished project
- your name
- your email address
- your phone number (this will be only used to notify you if you win)
- project name
- the two techniques you used
- in the subject line, please include: "earring challenge"
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The editors will select their three favorite entries.
- First Place: A $50 gift certificate from Interweave Press.
- Second Place: An autographed copy of Mastering Beadwork by Carol Huber Cypher, plus a $10 gift certificate from Interweave Press.
- Third Place: An autographed copy of Create Jewelry: Crystals by Marlene Blessing and Jamie Hogsett
- The winning projects and their designers will showcased on Beading Daily.
More Beading Challanges
If the first Beading Daily challenge doesn't interest you, don't worry. I'm hoping to have many different types of challenges in the future and there is sure to be one that you'll love! In the meantime, here are two other challenges to consider:
- You still have time to enter the current Stringing challenge. The theme is "Double Trouble" and the deadline is October 29, 2007.
- Beadwork magazine is having a drawing where one lucky reader will get an challenge kit in the mail and create a challenge project that will be published in the magazine. Deadline for the drawing is November 5, 2007.
Coming on Wednesday: The results of the latest poll on favorite metals, the Bead Arts Awards, and more about this week's featured project.
Thanks to Beading Daily readers Suzanne, Myrna, and Linda who suggested that I use a marker to color my white Nymo thread (see A Case of Bead Doom). That never occurred to me! It seems a little sacrilegious--like writing in a library book. Does anyone else do that? (Color your thread, not write in library books. I don't want to hear your tales about writing in library books!)
Michelle Mach is the editor of Beading Daily. She is currently writing instructions for a bracelet with beaded beads that will be available for free to Beading Daily members.
Filed under: Bead Embroidery, Crystals, Beaded Beads, Bead Making, Stringing, Brick Stitch, How To Bead, Seed Bead Patterns, Bead-weaving, Beaded Jewelry Design, Beads, Beading Daily