I loved these curved metal beads from the July 2012 shipment of A Grain of Sand's Bead Hoard Curiosities Club. They reminded me of stringing macaroni onto yarn with my mother and sister when I was kid! But their lovely gold finish and their unusual curved shape made me wonder what would happen if I used them to make a wire and bead chain necklace. The result was an unusual, vintage-style beaded necklace that I can wear with just about anything.
- 9 20mm curved gold vintage tube beads (A)
- 18 3mm gold round beads (B)
- 10 5mm gold jump rings
- 8 feet gold craft wire, 20 gauge
- Gold clasp of your choice
- Combination pliers OR chain nose and round nose pliers
- Wire cutter
For more great vintage beads, check out A Grain of Sand.
Filed under: Wire Jewelry, Beaded Beads, Bead Making, How to Bead, Chain Maille, Stringing, Bead Crafts, Jewelry Making, Beaded Jewelry Design, Beads, Necklace Making