I love celebrating the land of the free and the home of the brave! Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays for the patriotic spirit, the food, and the fireworks. Bonus: wearing red, white and blue–a chic color combo if you ask me! So I rounded up a few jewelry components to help you accessorize this holiday. Click the photos or the links below for source information.
1. Pair these lucite star beads with white satin cord for just the right touch of color. They'll complement a patriotic or nautical ensemble. (Tboo)
2. String these resin striped rounds for a funky necklace or alternate them with white rondelles for an oversized bracelet. (Delish Beads)
3. These navy wood beads are bold and bright–a perfect statement for July 4th or any day of summer. (Fire Mountain Gems and Beads)
4. Red and blue chains lend a subtle patriotic vibe to your look. Layer them with silver or gold chains for extra bling. (KCR Lehr Studio)
5. This firecracker of a pendant will add big bang to a simple gold chain. (Glass Mystique)
6. The stars and stripes on these glass ovals reflect light for a soft glow. (The Patchwork Jewelry Company)
7. Nothing says "Proud to be an American" like flying your flag! Wear this enameled silver-plated charm to show your American spirit. (Beadelight)
8. This lead-free silver charm has a lot of heart. String it to the center of thin red, white, and blue ribbons for a simple necklace. (A Charming Experience)
9. Use an assortment of red, white, and blue buttons to create a shabby-chic bracelet, or pair one with a seed-bead loop for a cute clasp. (Mellow Moon Studio)
I'll be sporting this easy-to-make necklace–an idea I got after pining over Chloe's TierraCast-bar necklace in this post.
I simply strung seed beads on 24-gauge wire and made wrapped loops on either end of the wire pieces. Then I attached the chain to the wrapped loops by opening and closing the links as I would jump rings.
What are you wearing this 4th of July to celebrate our freedom?
Happy Independence Day and Happy Stringing!